Friday, June 25, 2010

HELP! The white of my eye has a bubble type thing that seems to be filled wth clear liquid?

I have no idea what this is; it looks like a water pouch that's covering the white of my eye, on one side of the pupil. The other white side is perfectly fine. It doesn't hurt, it's just extremely weird. It's like having a very delicate blister on your eye! I feel like when I blink, it may pop. I have no insurance so any advice is helpful. Any ideas? Any good websites? Thank you!!HELP! The white of my eye has a bubble type thing that seems to be filled wth clear liquid?
My daughter had that same thing about a year ago. She went to the ER and I forget what the doctor called it, but stated that is was allergic reaction to pollen that had gotten into her eye. She had no history of allergies, so I was skeptical of the diagnosis. She was sent to buy otc eye drops which she did. The thing was gone the next day. HELP! The white of my eye has a bubble type thing that seems to be filled wth clear liquid?
I had a bubble pop up on the white part of my eye when I was a teenager, but mine was an allergic reaction to a cat that I had petted. I had a bunch of itching on my eye. Other than that, I have no idea what would cause the bubble.


I went to the doctor and all they did was wash my eye out, which I can't see that hurting you so I would try that if I were you.
It may be a phlyctenule.





It is probably not dangerous and will probably go away by itself but, if it does not go away maybe you can get some free or low cost “free clinic” type medical appointment.





Maybe you should use eye drops but not the kind for redness, just lubrication.





See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlyctenule






I get those when i have been rubbing my eye.


they usually go away after a while. If you don't have allergies and you haven't been rubbing your eyes then you should go see a doctor.
I GOT ONE OF THEM WHEN I WAS LITTLE. I NEVER WENT TO THE DR. SO I CAN NOT TELL YOU WHAT IT IS, BUT I NOW IT WILL GO AWAY IN ABOUT A WEEK.
That generally isn't a good sign.


Go see your doctor, a website ain't gonna help.
You might wanna check it out with a doctor.
Get insurance...then go to the doctor.
Really, you have to find out what it is.


It could be dangerous.
web md
go to the doc.


who knows maybe u stayed up late for too long or u hit it
http://www.webmd.com/
A swollen (blister-like) area on the surface of the eye could be due to many possible causes: age-related (senile plaque); prior surgery or trauma; benign cyst; non-pigmented tumor or nevus; nodule (benign or related to scleritis or episcleritis); a benign growth (pterygium or pinguecula); and others. This is a condition where the eye often will have a swollen area (nodule) that become intermittent inflammed and painful. 50% of so of patients with scleritis have an underlying condition in their body (rheumatoid arthritis; lupus; and others). A pterygium or pinguecula is a degeneration (fibrovascular type growth) that is benign (non-cancerous) but can become markedly inflammed and red when the area becomes irritated. Given your sjogren's you most likely suffer from dry eyes, which can manifest as redness and intermittent sharp pain or a continuous ''gritty'' sensation.





I would strongly suggest an appointment with an ophthalmologist. It concerns me that the swollen area has a lot of ''red'' lines going to it (possible blood vessels which could be a growth that needs to be biopsied). I would suggest doing a google internet search on the terms I listed above to further inform yourself. I would also suggest the use of frequent artificial tears, which should help some with the symptoms. Again, I would recommend you get an exam with an ophthalmologist, who may need to order some blood work depending on his or her findings during a slit lamp examination.



Go to the Optometrist
GO TO A HOSPITAL :P
i am not a docter you idiot!!!!!



see your doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin whitening