Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why have i liquid bubbling out the corner of my eye when i blow my nose?

So i had the flu for the last week which i am nearly over now only im left with a heavy chest but to my surprise this evening while blowing my nose air bubbles %26amp; liquid started squirting out the corner of my left eye it scared me half to death, why is this happening????Why have i liquid bubbling out the corner of my eye when i blow my nose?
There is a tiny duct that goes from the lower eyelid to the back of the nose. It drains the tears that keep the surface of the eye moist. That is why people have to blow their nose when crying. Extra tears drain to the nose.





You probably squeezed your nose to hard and forced the air back through the tear duct.





You can actually see the nasolacrimal duct if you pull down the lower eyelid. The duct is about 3/8 inches from the inner corner along the rim.





I am an RN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin whitening