Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why is there brown, runny liquid coming from my cat's eye?

I wipe her eye and there is brown, disgusting to look at liquid on the tissue.Why is there brown, runny liquid coming from my cat's eye?
she is sick take her to the vet asapWhy is there brown, runny liquid coming from my cat's eye?
If it is just a tiny amount it is probably just her eye cleansing itself like ours does (sleep, eye boogies etc.). If it is running a lot she might have something wrong with her eye and you might want to call the vet to see what they'd suggest.
I think it has a lot to do with dusty cat litter. My cat has it coming from his eyes and nose and it stains his light red fur. The Vet said not to worry abotu it, but if it seems like it is A LOT then call the Vet and see what he says. Breathing that dust in and out every time they use the litter box and cover up their droppings, can certainly make ones eyes and sinuses run and get aggravated. And some cat litters are worse than others for dust. (the cheap ones mainly)
I have a Lilacpoint Siamese, and her eyes do the same thing. My other cats get hard, crusty stuff in their eyes, but it doesn't SHOW UP like in my lighter colored cat.





I'm sure it's just irritation from household dust, litter dust, lint, dry air, etc. As long as her ';3rd eyelid'; isn't moving up over her eye, I wouldn't worry about the ';discharge';. I think it's as normal as what humans have in their eyes when they wake up in the morning!





Hope this eases your mind. Good luck.
it is the silva running down her eye. if you go to the vet they can subscribe medication for your cat
I have a kitten well she is nearly one and she has a very similar problem I use a cold teabag and wipe her eye with it, it keeps it cleaner that some of the stuff the vet gives you
its called tears and its eye boogers there is a cleaning thing called crystal clear i used it on my cat before he got hit by a car acouple weeks ago on the night of my birthday........
my cats eye does the same thing. if its just a little don't worry about it yet.just monitor it. but it it gets worse or is a lot, you need to take it to the vet and get it checked out

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin whitening